Intermediate Regulatory Specialist
With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that we will always be versatile in developing solutions to our clients’ unique needs and that we will always demonstrate expertise in our designated fields.
Since 1962, Vertex has been a leading North American provider of environmental services. With over 50 years of expertise, Vertex helps clients achieve their development goals through our versatile suite of services. From the initial site selection, consultation and regulatory approval, through the construction, operation and maintenance phases, to conclusion and environmental cleanup, Vertex offers a diverse range of services throughout the life cycle of our clients’ projects.
Vertex is currently looking to hire an Intermediate Regulatory Specialist to join our Team. The successful candidate will provide regulatory support to our Environmental teams, and have technical and client involvement with project management support across all target industries. The successful candidate will bring diverse experience and must enjoy a challenge and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Post-secondary technical or management degree in a natural resource related field (environmental science, biology, ecology, geology, forestry, or geography) is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience years in supporting and executing regulatory components of small to large projects within the utilities, renewables, oil & gas, mining, and industrial service industry
- Previous experience as a key team member in the regulatory process for environmental related approvals, renewals, amendments, etc.
- Working knowledge of the regulatory processes in Alberta, including EPEA approvals, renewals, amendments, renewable sector regulations, compliance related regulations for industrial and commercial projects, oil and gas facilities, utilities, and linear developments. Saskatchewan and British Columbia regulatory experience is considered an asset
- Experience in supporting various components related to regulatory submissions
- Experience in supporting the development of supplemental information requests (SIR) and statement of concern (SOC) responses and correspondence with regulatory bodies at the federal, provincial, and municipal levels
- Experience in supporting multiple project components, budgets, and project requirements associated with submissions is considered an asset
- Excellent technical writing abilities and verbal communication both internally and client facing
- Applicable professional designation is considered an asset (P.Bio., P.Ag., etc.)
Projects, Deliverables, Expectations and Relationships
- EPEA regulated projects and associated programs and subsequent reporting
- Supplemental information response process with regulatory bodies
- Technical support for regulatory applications, amendments, and renewals for a multitude of commercial and industrial projects (i.e., oil & gas, renewables, utilities, aggregates, mining, etc.)
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams for project execution of baseline environmental assessment programs associated with comprehensive regulatory submissions
- Track project-specific budgets in alignment with project scope and strategy
- Support multidisciplinary leads on strategy and approach for project work and delivery of technical documents and communication
Personnel and Logistics
- Provide technical and project management support to regulatory technical leads associated with project schedules, budgets, and application/post application requirements
- Experiencein the regulatory process for projects within Alberta; Saskatchewan and British Columbia experience is considered an asset
- Working knowledge – understand, remain current, and ability to interpret environmental regulations, guidelines, requirements, and standards as required by Vertex business and client base
- Provide regulatory support to regulatory technical leads as required to meet internal or project objectives
- Authoring and supporting development of technical reports
- Construction based monitoring program experience is an asset
- Other duties as directed by your manager
This position will be based out of the Sherwood Park, Calgary, Regina, or Saskatoon locations.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply now!
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*