Senior Electrical Estimator
We are currently looking for a working Chief Estimator with strong design / design build experience. This role is The Vice President of Preconstruction, and you will be the lead in all areas pre-construction as it relates to design build, design assist and the “new” Integrated Project Delivery Model (IPD).
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the pre-construction department with duties that include leading P3 pursuits, managing estimating, ?nal proposal reviews and approvals and assisting with the yearly business plan.
-Previous experience as a lead senior electrical estimator or chief electrical estimator.
- Exceptional business acumen and past experience managing a P&L.
- The Integrated Project Delivery Model (IPD), Design Build and P3
- Strong drive to enhance company profits.
- Preconstruction Exposure
- Electrical Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Preconstruction Director
Responsible for the daily management, supervision, coordination and successful completion of the preconstruction and design phase of projects including proposal creation, bidding / estimating, and value engineering of all major projects. Project services include lump sum, design/build and IPD.
-Coordinate with the Operations Leaders on team assignments and assist during the pre-construction activities.
-Monitor design progress for agreement with defined cost and schedule.
- Coordinate resolution of constructability issues during design and coordinate pricing of alternative design concepts.
- Participate in Scope of Work and schedule preparation for all proposals and participate in Pre-Bid meetings with Project Management and Engineering personnel. May also have some operational responsibilities.
- Interact with customers and develop win strategies for project pursuits. Oversee the marketing and qualification submission efforts during the pursuit phase for overall company strategy and goals.
- Member of company Executive Team. Serve as liaison and representative of the Engineering and Preconstruction Departments, bringing forward concerns, issues, and opportunities. Recommend process improvements with innovative ideas that will have a significant positive impact for the company.
Chief Estimating Summary:
-15+ years of North American experience, electrical contacting / estimating.
-Manage the day-to-day operations of the electrical estimating department
-Direct and mentor your direct team
-Conduct yearly reviews of direct reports
-Maintain an industry presence to ensure continuity of work now and in the future
-Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labor and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
-Advise on tendering procedures, examine, and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations
-Establish and maintain tendering process and set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
-Coordinate price packages with suppliers, subcontractors, owners, designers, and architects regarding tenders
-Participate in site review, tender review, tender hand-off, project closing and operational/sector meetings with the Division Manager, Estimators, Project Managers and Purchasing Department as required
-Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors
-Liaise, consult, and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
If you feel that you would like to explore the potential of this opportunity, then I encourage you to apply privately!
Please send your resume in WORD format to: email@example.com
Apply with confidence as Harbinger Network respects your privacy and will keep your application private and confidential. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check out website for other related positions as they are posted. www.harbingernetwork.ca
Why many like you are joining our NETWORK
Harbinger Network Inc. is recognized by construction professionals across Canada for working in partnership with them to effectively meet their career objectives with the best companies in Canada. Harbinger Network has an outstanding and proven track record of placing top professionals with the most sought-after construction companies based on important considerations including: salary and benefits, location, projects and career path.