Principal, AI Consultant
We are a software-focused IT solutions and services provider that equips organizations to be agile and innovative, and for their people to be engaged, connected, and creative at work. That means moving them to the cloud, helping them build the workplace of tomorrow, and enabling them to make smarter decisions about their technology. By doing these things we help them create success for their customers and their people.
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what’s good for our people and communities.
The impact you will have:
Softchoice AI Solutions Group is looking for a Principal AI Consultant to grow the AI Cloud Consulting team. You will lead and deliver engagements that advise clients at the highest strategic level with visionary and comprehensive guidance on how to achieve extraordinary outcomes using the most advanced AI practices and technologies across the major cloud providers and beyond.
You will work with and influence the C-Suite and senior leadership teams across Softchoice’s entire customer base, which includes the largest enterprises in Canada and the US. Through your work with Softchoice, you will develop and build your market eminence and personal brand as an influential thought leader who is highly sought after in the AI space.
What you’ll do:
Principals connect our clients to unique perspectives and constructive disruption that inspire them to continuously drive value through their partnership with Softchoice. They co-create and deliver digital transformations built on deep customer knowledge and empathy, and guide customers through strategic, technical, financial, and cultural elements required to accelerate their journeys.
You will help clients at all stages of their AI journey, focusing on the big three cloud providers Azure, GCP, and AWS.Your advisory will include co-building a vision, establishing business cases that establish compelling a ROI, surfacing use cases, assessing readiness, creating roadmaps, designing adoption plans, and maintaining alignment between consulting guidance and implementation.
- Be an actively engaged leader and play a key role in the full lifecycle of client engagements.
- Work directly with existing and potential clients to develop and sell industry-leading AI Consulting engagements that drive service work towards AI engineering teams.
- Co-create, accelerate and deliver a digital transformation and AI journeys built on deep customer knowledge and empathy.
- Facilitate workshops that connect customers to unique perspectives and constructive disruptions that inspire them to drive the future story of their business together with Softchoice and the Softchoice ecosystem.
- Discover, analyze and advise: create strong, ROI-focused business cases for AI initiatives
- Cut through the noise by providing direct advice to senior leadership, and high level technical counsel to technical stakeholders
- Write directly actionable analysis and advisory reports and presentations that reflect clarity of vision and a strong sense of direction.
- Craft roadmaps and plans that client teams will run to deliver on the identified customer outcomes.
Research and Practice Development
- Interviewing Subject Matter Experts, finding and reading relevant literature in your assigned topic, and using the information gathered to generate insights.
- Keep a pulse on what’s happening in AI including upcoming trends and best practices, in part, to assist in your contribution of ideas to the building effective engagement content.
- Cultivating insights into a framework or methodology and building supporting tools and resources for use in engagements by other consultants.
Cross-departmental collaboration & support
- Practice Development, perform role of a counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process.
- Be a connector and facilitator between consulting and engineering, knowing when to leave it to tactical execution, and when to bring back the strategic brainstorming.
- Have a perspective to include other teams and subject matter experts to address all aspects of a consulting initiative that can span different workstreams and expertise.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Our Principals understand the industries and businesses of their customers and how Softchoice can accelerate their digital transformation journeys. This role requires strong financial and business acumen, technology and change management knowledge, and a principled approach to digital transformation challenges and opportunities.
- You have excellent analytical, interpersonal, and creative skills and thrive at the intersection of business and technology. You are ambitious and enterprising, with strong leadership qualities and presence with the C-Suite, and you enjoy working with both technical and non-technical groups.
- As an active learner, you continuously seek out and catalogue patterns in business, technology, and in organizational cultures that will provide valuable insight and clarity to your customers.You have a growth mindset and enjoy combining familiar with unfamiliar technologies to craft novel solutions to the most challenging problems.
- To be successful, you will need (The more of these the better)
- Undergraduate degreerequired (business or technology preferred). An MA, MBA, or MSc beneficial.
- Certifications in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or other related IT or management consulting disciplines considered valuable.
- Practical experience(10-15+ years)in business advisory and/or consulting within IT.
- Demonstrated practical experience fora minimum of 6 years,providing advisory servicesin the fields of Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to navigate the solution landscapein Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Generative AI.
- Presentation and facilitation experiencedemonstrated through prior client-facing engagements.
- A demonstrated ability to handle flexibility in mission and clarifying ambiguous client intents.
- History ofgaining and maintaining trusted advisor status with management.Strong working relationships with C-suite are considered beneficial.
- Some acquired experience and knowledge in supplemental technology capabilities:
- Data Security and data governance
- Knowledge of common data protection and privacy frameworks
- Application Development and DevOps practices
Not sure if you qualify? Think about applying anyway:
We understand that not everyone brings 100% of the skills and experiencefor the role.
At Softchoice, we offer opportunities to a diverse group including those with a variety of workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you are new to corporate tech, returning to work after a gap in employment, or looking to transition and take the next step in your career, we are excited to learn more about you and encourage you to apply.
Why people love working here:
We offer hybrid and remote working opportunities.
Comprehensive benefits from day oneof employment.
We offer meaningful work and opportunities for career growth.
Our team members have 2 paid volunteer days per year to give back to a cause of their choice.
We offer an opportunity to build and grow a career in the technology industry.
Recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 18consecutive years.
Softchoice has been certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States for several years.
We have also been recognized as a Best Workplace for Women, Best Workplace for Inclusion, Best Workplace for Giving Back and Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality.
We have raised over $3 million through Softchoice Cares, our grassroots fundraising organization.
Inclusion & Equal opportunity employment:
We arean equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion & belonging. Peopleseeking employment at Softchoice are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Require accommodation? We are ready to help:
We areproud to provideinterview &employment accommodationduring the recruitment and hiring process. If you requireanyaccommodation to apply or interview for a position, please reach out directly firstname.lastname@example.org .We are committed to working with you to best meet your needs.
Our commitment to your experience:
We arecommitted to the safety of all applicants and team members. With that in mind, we have implemented digital interviewing for everyone. We understand that you may need to interview with distractions around you(such as children or furry friends)and we willbe doing the same.
Before you start with us, we will conduct a criminal record check, verify your education, and check your references.
When you join Softchoice, we will onboard you remotely. Don't worry. It's quick, simple and you'll be connected with your new team in no time.
Job Requisition ID:5731