Head Office Administrator
Property Management company located in Mississauga is currently looking for an experienced Head Office Administrator for full time, permanent position. The successful candidate must have *1+ plus* years of relevant administrative experience, post-secondary education, solid knowledge of condominium industry and excellent communication, computer and organizational skills.
The Head Office Administrator will be required to provide friendly, courteous assistance to all owners, visitors, clients and trades of the corporation. The Head Office Administrator reports to the Administrative Supervisor and is required to work independently with the least amount of supervision. The Head Office Administrator is expected to develop a good working rapport with owners and trades. A diplomatic professional attitude must be maintained at all times when dealing with the public and owners of the Corporation.
Main responsibilities of the Head Office Administrator will be (including but not limited to):
- Communicate and get instructions from the Administrative Supervisor and Office Manager and report to as needed;
- Check e-mails, correspondence, faxes and answer or forward as required;
- Answer and maintain a record of all phone calls and take detailed messages as needed;
- Greet all clients, visitors, unit owners, residents/tenants, contractors and people dropping by the company and ensure the needs of each person are met;
- Receive, sort and distribute all incoming mail;
- Prepare all outgoing mail for distribution and ensure to mail out of different packages such as budget letters, AGM packages etc.;
- Handle all requests for information and data;
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries;
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries;
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventories (make orders to Suppliers as needed as per instructions);
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced;
- Act as the receiver of any items delivered to the company’s address;
- Fax, scan and copy various documents as required;
- Compose and process various documents, reports and correspondence to unit owners, residents/tenants, Board of Directors and Contractors as and when required;
- Maintain soft and hard copies of letters, correspondence, memos, requests, notices, etc. and keep them filed in an organized manner;
- Retrieve documents from filing system as needed;
- Update and maintain databases such as: owners’ lists, contract summary, service agreements, site information, liens’ record, contracts renewal and expiry lists on a daily/weekly basis/ as required;
- Maintain updated information of all trades including insurance coverage and WSIB;
- Persistently handle Common Element Fee arrears on a monthly basis, take proper and timely action in collecting outstanding arrears and report/update Property Manager with the units in arrears;
- Prepare/edit and distribute documents such as: correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails, etc.;
- Keep work area and office clean and tidy;
- Perform work related errands as requested, such as going to the bank and the post office as needed;
- Assist with event planning as per the Office Manager’s Instructions;
- Book Guest Suites/Party Room/Elevator for residents as per policy, coordinate with the cleaning company or security;
- Ensure preparation of packages for board meetings as per instructions of the Property Manager;
- Ensure preparation of AGM packages as per instructions of Property Manager;
- Responsible for access control of units and utility rooms by the trades (unit door keys, unit mail box keys, keys for common areas and lock boxes at the site, etc.), if applicable;
- Receive cheques and/or payments for the common element fees (no cash policy for CEF), issue receipts (triplicate receipts required: 1st copy to customer, 2nd copy attached to payment, 3rd copy remains in the book for audits) for any payments, update CEF list/record.
Applicants should submit a résumé and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
Our company welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code throughout the selection process. Please contact our Human Resources Department should you need accommodation.
Interviews will begin as early as suitable candidates are identified. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those invited to an interview will be contacted.
Please note that this is not a remote position. Deemed an essential business by the Government of Ontario, we are continuing to operate in an office setting. We provide PPE, increased air filtration and have implemented physical distancing measures.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person