Machine Learning Manager
You will be developing deep personalization models for our users and complex optimization algorithms to bridge our customer experiences with new products/services. You will be pivotal to the growth of our data science team and instrumental as we continue to build a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers that can increase customer engagement and stickiness on our sites while improving the quality of the leads to our partners.
This is an extremely hands-on and in-the-weeds Data Science role where you would be heavily immersed in the data and coding part of the solution implementation. You will design and oversee integrating state-of-the-art machine learning solutions across the company’s products. This role will be responsible for strategic planning of Machine Learning initiatives with the Product, Engineering, Performance and Business Intelligence teams, analysis of potential impact and prioritization of those projects.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Innovate, create, and design ML solutions to various business problems such as:
- Design, implement and continuously improve Multi-Armed Bandit solutions to optimize decisions/options in place of multiple AB-tests.
- Utilizing Large Language Models in content personalization across various verticals.
- Recommendation systems to serve ads, offers, questions, etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company including but not limited to Analytics, Engineering, Product and Business Leads to improve model infrastructure, tracking and monitoring.
- Provide data science support at different project stages, including the implementation of ML solutions by collaborating with Data Engineers and MLOps.
- Being hands-on and in-the-weeds in the data, coding part of the solution implementation.
- Managing and mentoring other Data Science team members, guiding them in their problem solving algorithms, testing methodologies, and reviewing their code.
- Career development and talent growth of the junior members of the team.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 4+ years of related work experience in the field of Data Science & Machine learning.
- 2+ years of experience in the Marketing/Advertising Industry.
- Solid background in Machine Learning and Statistics.
- Proficiency in SQL, Python and working with Data Science tools (e.g., git, kubernetes, Docker, etc.).
- Structure and clarify any ambiguity for the team. I.e. Divide complex projects into sprints and coordinate implementation across multiple teams and individuals.
- Experience creating ML solutions within cloud services (AWS/GCP).
- Experience with ML model development lifecycle.
- Experience with data visualization (preferably Looker).
- Experience managing a team of data scientists and machine learning researchers (including career development).
- Ability to communicate clearly, think independently, provide direction, and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.