Battery System Engineer
We are looking for an electrical system Engineer with a focus on low voltage (LV) battery solutions, who will report to the Project Manager. You will be tasked to ensure the development of novel vehicle systems according to vehicle requirements. The position will be critical to ensure system performance, on-time delivery and cost efficiency with the highest level of quality. As part of your role, you’ll be significantly contributing to the establishment of requirements, technology selection, innovative engineering solutions and delivery of market shaping products.
Beyond the development of market-shaping products, you will belong with a passionate and talented team riding together in this new group at BRP to drive innovative mobility solutions.
BE PART OF OUR NEW GROUP: EXPLORE LOW VOLTAGE PRODUCTS STARTING WITH E-BIKES
At BRP, we exist to create new ways to move people, so that experiences are measured in emotion rather than in distance. We reimagine the way you access your world.
We have created a new business group to reinvent the way we move. We have the opportunity to look ahead and approach things differently. We dream of an ecosystem of low-voltage products at the intersection of mobility, recreation and utility. We strive to build a team where diversity thrives to spark new ideas and innovations, both locally and globally.
Want to bring your true self on this new adventure? Join a ground-breaking new group
YOU’LL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Lead LV energy storage technology orientation according to vehicle performance requirements.
- Contribute to the system architecture definition, with partners, according to project targets.
- Determine the system requirements and performance targets align with vehicle project definition.
- Provide the development of system components according to performance and cost targets and development timeline.
- Be responsible for energy storage validation and corrective actions to improve on performance.
- Develop and implement new engineering methodology in order to improve development process predictability and efficiency.
THIS ROLE IS A GOOD FIT IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Understanding of product development process with a focus on requirements, design and validation of LV storage solution.
- Creativity to bring novel and efficient engineering solutions.
- Leadership and drive with a strong desire for collaboration.
- Highly motivated in sustainable mobility products.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Do you have other qualifications? Tell us what is unique about you that is a great addition to the team.
Does this sound like you? We look forward to receiving your application.
AT BRP, WHEN WE TALK ABOUT BENEFITS, WE GO ALL IN.
Let’s start with a strong foundation — You want it, we have it:
- Annual bonus: we work hard, and we know it. This yearly thank you is our way to fuel your dreams.
- Generous paid time away: winding down is as important as creating the future of recreational products.
- Pension plan: we want to make sure you’ll enjoy retirement; we’ve got you covered.
- Collective saving opportunities: being part of BRP allows you to tap into the strength of our saving programs.
- Industry leading healthcare: fully paid by BRP, this program is here for you, whatever happens, so you can focus on what matters.
What about some feel good extras:
- Flexible work schedule: balance is key to innovation, and we want to make sure you are at the top of your game with a schedule that will work for you.
- Summer schedule: time flies at BRP, so we hit pause to enjoy it.
- Holiday season shutdown: between Christmas and New Year’s, we close our facilities and refill on good times.
- Educational resources: you love what you do, and we get you resources to stay cutting-edge, so we all win together.
- Discount on BRP products: what we build is amazing, freeing, revolutionary, and you're first in line for the experience.
WELCOME TO BRP
We’re a world leader in recreational vehicles and boats, creating innovative ways to move on snow, water, asphalt, dirt and even in the air. Headquartered in the Canadian town of Valcourt, Quebec, our company is rooted in a spirit of ingenuity and intense customer focus. Today, we operate manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Finland, Australia and Austria, with a workforce made up of close to 20,000 spirited people, all driven by the deeply held belief that at work, as with life itself, it’s not about the destination; It’s about the journey.