Director, Talent Management & OD
The Director, Talent Management & OD, reporting to the VP, Talent & Culture will design, build, implement, and evolve inclusive talent management strategies, programs and processes that drive the achievement of our strategic and operational objectives at Apotex. As a member of the Talent & Culture Team, provides expertise and thought leadership in the talent domain, leveraging research, industry best practices and evolving trends to build a robust talent pipeline supported by effective succession planning and talent assessment processes and other organizational development initiatives and programs.
- Lead the implementation of integrated talent development initiatives, including a detailed roadmap (short, medium, and long-term priorities) aligned to business strategy.
- Lead the talent review and succession planning process in order to develop a diverse talent pipeline aligned to organizational goals and priorities; lead the process for identifying critical roles and ensure a strong pipeline through succession planning.
- With Business and HR Business Partners develop solutions that maximize and accelerate the growth of high performing talent through development, career pathing, and mentoring programs.
- Lead the delivery and continuous improvement of a continuous performance management process, supporting managers and employees through key milestones, individual development plans and objective setting aligned to business strategic priorities, goals and objectives.
- Develop organizational competencies through an organizational learning and development curriculum delivered through online Apotex University, ensuring training needs of the business are evaluated and appropriate development solutions are selected.
- Partner with the COEs to build diverse pipelines and partner on innovative solutions for infusing diversity in Businesship, and collaborate on the selection and development of diversity programs and initiatives.
- Develop Talent dashboard reporting on attrition and other key metrics, regularly provide updates on all measurements and recommend solutions based on the identified trends.
- Leverage data analytics and insights (qualitative and quantitative) to proactively identify trends and build talent management and organizational effectiveness solutions.
- Build core change management knowledge and capability of Business across the organization and equip them to efficiently and effectively navigate through change and influence their employees to embrace and adapt to the dynamic changing environment.
University degree or Post-Secondary Education in Business Administration with specialty in Human Resources and/or Organizational Development. Advanced degree from a graduate school (MBA or Masters in HRM) an asset. Coaching or other professional HR certifications an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Works effectively in a global matrix environment and regularly collaborates with HR colleagues. Change champion, results oriented, able to work quickly and efficiently, high energy leader. Excellent experience with metrics and dashboards, data driven, able to identify trends and develop data based solutions. Continuous improvement oriented, not comfortable with status quo. Strong business acumen and collaborative style to build relationships and quickly gain credibility with senior leadership and key stakeholders across functional teams and project teams. A high-impact communicator with experience presenting strategies, operational plans and roadmaps to all levels of audience -- from C-Suite to staff-level employees. Facilitating experience and strong experience with Diversity and Inclusion. Solid organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and reacting quickly to shifting priorities, while maintaining high degree of accuracy and confidentiality. Proficiency in designing and leading global talent programs via a mix of internal resources, external technology platforms, and third-party service providers. Demonstrated ability to engage leaders at all levels in assessing development needs, identifying opportunities, selecting priorities, sponsoring actions and getting results. Excellent computer skills, including PPT and Excel.
10+ years of experience in Talent Management or Human Resources, including at least 5 years leadership experience. Experience with performance management, succession planning and high potential development in a large organization. Previous experience working in large, publicly traded organizations.